O God, How Great Thou Art!

>> Friday, September 11, 2009

Thursday night at Bible study, we began the book, Crazy Love. Our leader for the evening, Sonna, asked us what we would do if we stood in front of God. What would we say? Immediately I thought of these words, "Oh my God!"

I tried to explain this to the group but I think it was lost in the translation. I write much better than I can speak. We've all seen shows like Extreme Home Makeovers where families come in and see their wonderful new house. The first thing out of their mouth is usually, "Oh my God!" Now, as Christians, we don't use God's name like this. It offends me when I hear other people say it.

But when I think what I might say when I stand before God, this was my first thought, "Oh my God!" Satan is a copycat. Whatever is good, he wants to turn it around and make it bad. God's name is holy and satan desires to stain His reputation. Well now... satan's plans most usually get foiled.

God created us to praise Him. It's in our genes. If we don't praise Him, the trees of the fields most certainly will. In fact, the beauty of a field of flowers does exactly that. A single flower has the same affect.

Isaiah 55:12 "You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands."

*O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

So much praise builds up in me when I see God's creation. Can you imagine seeing God Himself? If you suddenly standing at God's feet, what would you say or do? Can you imagine?


*How Great Thou Art, Carl Boberg, 1885

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP