As the Rope Ends...

>> Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sometimes, many times, life gets to be too much. We feel we're at the very end of the rope. We can only hold on for so long before arms get too tired and our mind begins to not care anymore. We were not made to go through life alone. When we're too tired and discouraged to go on, we need to remember that God is there. He's lifting us up, even if we forget for a moment. He's proven Himself time after time. He's always been faithful, so why would this time be any different?

This is my time of discouragement, a discouragement I can't handle alone. Each day is getting harder with my health. Sometimes I'm not aggressive enough with my neurosurgeon because I know there are many much worse than me that needs his time. Maybe I feel like that with God, too. So, as the rope ends... I reached out to find verses that encourage me and I hope they encourage you today.


Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30


Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6


And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:3-4


But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. John 16:7


"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9


Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:5-6


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP