When You're up Against a Struggle...

>> Friday, May 20, 2011

The storms of life have hit me again.  It wasn't totally unexpected but I was trying not to live with that fear.  So here I am, trying not to feel defeated... abandoned...lost... lonely...lied to.  Easter Sunday, our choir sang this song and it came to me again when I sat down just now:  Praise the Lord, by the Imperials, one of my favorites when I was a teenager.

I can fight God or I can praise Him.  I'm not sure I'm quite ready to praise just yet but the little bits of the wall are coming down.  Here are the lyrics.  They resonate in my spirit right now and maybe they will in yours, too.


When you're up against a struggle
That shatters all your dreams
And your hope's been cruelly crushed
By Satan's manifested scheme
And you feel the urge within you
To submit to earthly fears
Don't let the faith your standing in
Seem to disappear

CHORUS:
Praise the Lord
He can work through those who praise Him
Praise the Lord
For our God inhabits praise
Praise the Lord
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you
That they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him

Now Satan is a liar
And he wants to make us think
That we are paupers
When he knows himself
We're children of the King
So lift up the mighty shield of faith
For the battle must be won
We know that Jesus Christ is risen
So the works already done



I'll be ready for the fight again, sometime...maybe, but right now, I hope others will pray for me. I'm tired of the fight. Too tired... Maybe God's telling me to just praise Him right now. Maybe? Here's a start: Thank You, God for...ummm... well, just Thank You, God.

Okay...now I have some praises:  Friends who are praying and telling me:)  and after I posted this blog in faith and obedience, my FB suddenly started working.  That's just wild.  It hasn't been letting me post comments on statuses or write PM messages.  If that isn't a God-thing, I don't know what is.

Thank You God for these things.  And thank You for my laptop and internet that connects me to my praying friends.  And Thank You for my husband who has a birthday today.  Chinks are falling down little by little but the problem is still there.  Majorly still there.  and I want to cry.  am crying but I will praise the Lord through the tears.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP