Y Here? Y Now?

>> Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Y post today is something that has been on my mind, probably for most of my life.  Y am I here?  Y was I born in this time?  Y was I born in this place?  I also write about it in much more detail over at the Joe blog today.  I hope you'll go read it too:)

Have you ever wondered that?  For all the complaining we sometimes do (sad to say) there are places who have it so much worse than us, even in our own United States, even.  I went on a mission trip  to West Virginia a couple of years ago, and there were houses there with dirt floors still.  I met people who were poor to the extreme.

Y am I so blessed to be born here in the U.S. in Central Illinois with a fair amount of money to keep me fed and clothed with a roof over my head?  Y wasn't I born in Africa?  Y wasn't I born a different into a different race?

Y wasn't I born into a different period of time?  I could have just as easily been born in the 1800's or maybe during the time Jesus walked on earth.  Can you imagine?  Y now?

Take some time to enjoy this video by Chris Rice and a young guy named Bobby:) Be sure to check out the other Y posts at Peej's blog and see you next week for the very last letter...Z!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP