Refuse to Do Nothing!

>> Thursday, September 18, 2014

I am Cycling for Kids tomorrow! 

Stop the Cycle of Abuse 2014 will benefit the McLean 
County Child Protection Network 

  • Court Appointed Special Advocates have donated 8,962 hours for McCLean County's children living in foster care.
  • Their CASA program has trained more than 550 volunteers since 1985.
  • Children with a CASA are substantially less likely to spend time in long term foster care
  • The CASA program is funded soley through grants,donations and fundraising.
  • One hour of counseling costs $42.50.Victims are not charged for this service at the CPN center.
  • Nationally, 77,000 CASAs are advocating for 234,000 children living in foster care.
  • The median age for reported abuse is 9 years old.
  • 363 children were interviewed at the CPN in 2013.

So many of my friends helped me be able to do this. I needed $500 to ride the three days and we made it! We're travelling 180 miles Friday, Saturday and Sunday, about 60 miles a day.  I've never gone more than 40 miles in one day and never two days in a row so this will really push my endurance...but...I'm very excited to be able to take part in this awesome fund raiser!

Please pray for travel safety for us all; beautiful weather; and for me, to be able to ride all three days and still be able to get off my bike each time and walk. As I've gotten older, I've realized I love challenges and seeing how I can stretch myself mentally and physically and this is the perfect opportunity to do just that. 

I've determined to REFUSE TO DO NOTHING!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP