Love is a Journey

>> Friday, February 6, 2009

A friend gave me an Elizabeth George book, Loving God with All Your Mind, to keep me busy as I mourned Mari's leaving. The first chapter talks about saturating your mind with the truth and meditate on it. Lately I've been bombarded with lies and lots of them and they have been bringing me down - kersplat!

Here is the verse from The Message. I don't memorize from this version but I love how it reads:

Philippians 4:8 (The Message)
8-9"Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things

  • true,
  • noble,
  • reputable,
  • authentic,
  • compelling,
  • gracious—the best, not the worst;
  • the beautiful, not the ugly;
  • things to praise, not things to curse.

Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies."


And for me this week, the message I need to get in my mind is that I am loved.

1 John 4:19 (The Message)
19"We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first."

I found this today as I was tooling around the internet. I thought it was so appropriate when thinking about God's love for us and our love for each other. I have so many who are pouring into my life right now as I muddle: my family, my wonderful friends that live near me, and my can't-live-without internet friends. The harder I fall the harder they all rally around me to pray. I have a friend who called them, Princess Prayer Warriors. How true is that?

I've been battling horrendous headaches and because of that my blood pressure has shot to heights that make my doctor's cringe. I did have a miracle happen. I was able to get into my neurosurgeon on February 19th. He will do x-rays to make sure my shunt is working and then, if it is, he will tap into it to drain spinal fluid out of me. If it's not working - well, no need to talk about that right now. For anyone who doesn't know, I have Intracranial Hypertension (IH), or as the doctor's still want to call it, Psuedotumor Cerebri (PTC.)

The constant pain messes with my mind and I feel all alone in my battle and have to be reminded that I am not. So this is to thank everyone who faithfully prays for me every day, the Princess Prayer Warriors and I do have Prince Prayer Warriors, too:) Don't want to forget them. Remember, fill your minds with the truth today...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP