Just Keep Moving!

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We need to remember we are running a race. It's not easy. Sometimes we coast along and that's okay but eventually it's time to get the feet moving again. It doesn't matter how we move forward. It could be a fast run, a jog, or walk. It could even go down to a crawl. Just keep moving.

Sometimes we'll see others along the way that need help up. That's when we stop and see what we can do. Sometimes it's actually picking her up and pulling her along. Not always, though.

It could be that we just have to pray for her person. If she doesn't want to move - she can't be moved by force. I know at times I just want to sit and give up for a bit. I know exactly how that feels. We need to remember not to judge.

Hopefully all it takes is a friendly smile and showing that we really care. Give her a hand and let her walk beside you for a bit. That's called mentoring. We all should mentor someone else and be mentored. It's really important.

And when we are the one sitting in the ditch throwing dirt over ourselves, so far down that we don't think there's any way that prize is even for us, I pray that there is someone that stops to help us. Most probably someone that we've helped along the way. Betcha:)

By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. (Philippians 3:14 The Message)
Let's get up and start moving, our eyes on the prize. Jesus is calling us. Come on!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP