Love, God

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009

The book of Zephania is full of warnings for the people of God during the prophet Zephania's day and it's also a prophecy about the days to come - The Great Day of the Lord. It's just a small book, only three chapters, towards the end of the Old Testament.

It is probably most known for it's verse,
"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephania 3:17 NIV)

Isn't it awesome to know God is always with us? That He is mighty to save, and takes great delight in us? That He quiets us with His love and rejoices over us with singing?

When I'm especially lonely or upset I picture myself at the feet of God spilling my tears all over. And then He picks me up and cuddles me in His arms and rocks me. And now we know He sings over us, too.

I wonder what He sounds like. Is it a whisper or as loud as a clap of thunder? Is it too much for our ears to hear so we cover them?

Have you ever crawled into God's arms for comfort?
Can you even imagine Him singing over you?
What do you think He sounds like?

Tomorrow I'm going to put a devotional on from C.H. Spurgeon about this verse. It is very good. Until then, why don't you crawl into Your Daddy's arms and let Him comfort you. Or crawl up there to share with Him your day or maybe talk over a problem you need help with. It's an awful big lap. We can all fit, no worries there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP