Really Great Unfinisher

>> Sunday, May 30, 2010

Today I worked on my bedroom.  I rearranged what I could.  Also, I carved out a little reading/writing nook in the corner.  Hope to use it lots this summer.  I emptied the bed but have messes to clean up this week.  I have to figure out where to put all my books and papers....  Yikes.  Sure do have lots.

Today in church, Greg told us he's been reading his Bible in a 90 day plan and is really enjoying it.  Since that was one of my major goals for the summer, that seemed to be the perfect plan for me to adopt.  Day 1 was reading Genesis, chapters 1-16.  It didn't take long at all and I enjoyed it.  I'm reading from The Message and really like that.

I'm posting this because I need accountability.  Big time.  I'm a really great starter but a horrible finisher.  Well, that's not exactly true.  Usually I don't finish at all.  I am a great unfinisher and I need to correct that character flaw.

Here's what I read this evening, day 1 of my 90 days or less:

God created the heavens and the earth and all in it and was very pleased.

God created man and woman who soon sinned and ruined their opportunity to live in THE PERFECT place.

God got disgusted with man and his evil ways and decided to destroy them but he found favor with Noah and his family.   

In faith, Noah built an ark, to the specifications that God gave him.  In faith that boarded that ark and for the very first time ever, they say rain, lots of rain.

God gave man a promise that He would never destroy the earth like that again.

Man filled up the earth again and a man named Abraham was born.  God promised to make him into a great nation.

Sarai, his wife, gave up on God's promise and gave him a son through her Egyptian maid.  She soon saw the flaw in that plan and was horrible to Hagar.  When Hagar ran away, after getting pregnant with Abram's child, God spoke to her and said she would have a son named Ishmael.

That's chapter's 1 - 16 in a nutshell.  I love to read Genesis.  The house is quiet.  Ryan and Jim went to see Iron Man 2 and Nik's in St. Louis with his girlfriend's family.  I think I'll keep on reading.  Anyone want to join me?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP