Stamp out the Lies, #5

>> Sunday, January 30, 2011


Teenagers can't 
teach us anything.  

What a lie from the enemy!  

I met a young man, Dakota. He discovered me from my blog, actually, and I popped onto his.  He is:  a fellow blogger; a Christian who loves God with all his heart; a memorizer of God's Word; a writer of amazing blog entries far beyond his 17 years; a teen who has taught me some things since reading his blog, "A Look at Life from a Deerstand."  I asked him if I could use part of his post from January 20th then wished I had asked for the whole thing:)  Instead, I hope you hop over onto his blog from the link above.  


This is from Dakota: 


"No book in history has ever compared to the Word of God. It has been hated and loved; burned and cherished; neglected and trusted; criticized and yet never undefended. Many countries have banned Its use entirely, while others have built their very foundation upon Its words. Amazingly enough, what makes God’s Word unique is not the fact that It has proven so controversial, but that It has proven Itself accurate time and time again

  • Scientists once falsely believed that air had no weight, even though God had told us otherwise thousands of years earlier 
    "He established the force of the wind and measured out the waters"  (Job 28:25).
  • At a time when it was largely accepted that the Earth rested upon the back of a large animal or giant, the Bible spoke of its suspension in space. 
    "He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; He suspends the earth over nothing."(Job 26:7).
  • Long before the discovery of atoms, the invisible “building blocks” of Creation, God had revealed "universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."  (Hebrews 11:3)
  • During an age when Science claimed the earth to be flat, Christopher Columbus sailed west through faith in the Scriptures: 
    "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22)

    I've never once noticed any of those verses before.  It's amazing how alive the Bible is and still speaks to us today like it did when it was first written.  Thanks, Dakota!


    Another teen from the high school where I work is currently writing a post especially for me.  I can't wait to be able to share that with you.  I love throwing satan's lies back in his face, especially lies exposed by teens. 


    Let's learn from our teens.  Get in the Word.  Read it.  Let God speak to you through it, and then share it however and whenever you can.  Once you've heard the truth, it's hard to keep quiet!





Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP