Wait for it...

>> Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wait for it.....


              Wait for it....

                                  wait for it.......




We don't like to wait for things, do we?  We have fast food that isn't fast enough for us.  We count down the days to Christmas.  Right now I'm counting down until spring break when my best friend gets to come see me for a whole week from Washington.  I have a countdown of how many days until the 90 day Bible reading challenge is done - ummm...49 days left - Wow!


I don't like waiting for things and then I find myself wishing whole weeks away so the time goes by faster.  The more I wish away, the more days I'm whittling away towards old age.  Oboy.  Time needs to go by a bit slower, not faster.  Hmmmm....  But, it seems to go by plenty fast when the long-awaited event comes along, doesn't it?  


David talks about waiting in Psalm 37:34, The Message:
"Wait passionately for God, don't leave the path..."

Passionately means 'ruled by intense feeling or strong emotion.'  David lived his life passionately.  Everything he did, good or bad, was passionate.  Do we wait like David says to wait?


"I waited and waited and waited for God.
At last He looked; finally He listened.
He lifted me out of the ditch,
pulled me from deep mud.
He stood me up on a solid rock
to make sure I wouldn't slip.
He taught me how to sing the latest God-song,
a praise-song to our God.
More and more people are seeing this:
they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God."  
(Psalm 39:1-4 The Message)


Wait passionately and with abandon.  Sounds like an exciting life to live, when we seek to live a life like King David.  He didn't have an easy life, either.  He was the youngest of a boatload of brothers.  He was a shepherd and did all he could to watch over those sheep.  He killed the giant, Goliath, when all of King Saul's army was too frightened.  He played his harp to soothe Saul's soul and had to play dodge ball when Saul got mad and threw things at him.  


His own son attempted to take over his kingdom.  He had an affair with another man's wife and then had that man killed in battle to try to cover his sin.  David was completely human yet through it all, he learned and he matured and was a man after God's own heart.


So, I want to try to learn to wait passionately and abandon myself to God.  I hope I learn lots from David as I peruse through the book of Psalm.   











Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP