>> Sunday, September 7, 2008
Today, since it is Sunday, I am going to share a sermon that was preached by our anointed pastor, Greg Taylor (First Christian Church in Clinton, Illinois.) His title was, "The Word of God is our Authority." My toes were stepped on very badly today. I had to come home and apply bandaids - no kidding. I don't spend enough time in the Word. Sometimes, sad to say, I don't spend any time there.
This is what he shared today. We should:
- Embrace the PURPOSE of God's Word.
- Embrace the PRIORITY of God's Word.
- Embrace the PATH to follow because of God's Word.
- Embrace the PENETRATION of God's Word.
- Embrace the POWER of God's Word.
- Embrace the PLACE of God's Word.
And Greg is very good at always providing practical application to our lives:
So, as Greg says every Sunday, "the bottom line is" we must read THE BOOK. How else can we be ready to fend off Satan's temptations? How else can we know what God's will is for our lives? Well now, I guess I better go read The Book!
- Make sure the Word of God is your MOST IMPORTANT book.
- Practice makes PERFECT! (in the Word daily)
- Quality vs. Quantity? TIME IS TIME!
- More than just reading - it is finding out WHAT IS GOD'S WILL for my life.
- More than just reading, put the Word into PRACTICE.