The Linus Effect

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

I am feeling very insecure today. I am battling my headaches again after a couple weeks of reprieve. I'm sitting in the corner right now, holding on to my blankie for all I'm worth and hoping no one gets tired of me as I go through this time -- AGAIN. Medicine isn't working and rest doesn't seem to help. I am snatching at anything I can to have some semblance of order and relief. I am trying to take hold of God and His promises. I am trying to let Him be my blankie.


For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can Man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

I'll hold on to these verses and to God's promises as tightly as I can. Will do my best anyway.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP