More and More and More...

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

 I'm a hard stick.  No one ever believes me but my body insists on standing by what I say.  After my surgery, I had a new IV almost every day I was in the hospital.  I kept blowing them.  So frustrating.  They would stick and stick and even stuck my foot.  Such a pain is an understatement.


This last time I was in ER at our local hospital, they couldn't get an IV in me.  The ambulance that came from a big city because it was New Year's Eve and these smaller towns would need theirs, couldn't get one in me either.  I rode clear to Chicago, in the back of a vehicle that is basically a truck, with no pain medicine.  I did get a poke of morphine once.  Even when I got to Chicago they couldn't get an IV in.  That is amazing.


Anyway, I really don't want to talk about icky IV's.  I had another thing happen to me this past Sunday.  I hadn't had communion in a long time and as I held the bread in my hand I twirled it through my fingers as I thought this:


Jesus had no IV as he was beaten and kicked and mocked.  He had no pain pill to make it a little easier.  He felt the full force and He did it for us.  I guess because of my hospital experience I had these thoughts but it was eye-opening. 

 "Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him.They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.  Matthew 27:27-31 (NIV)
Jesus loved us so much that He endured hell on earth. Jesus loves us so much still and always. I want to love Jesus more and more and more. How about you?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP