Selah

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

Psalm 77

 1 I cried out to God for help;
       I cried out to God to hear me.
 2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
       at night I stretched out untiring hands
       and my soul refused to be comforted.
 3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
       I mused, and my spirit grew faint.
       Selah
 4 You kept my eyes from closing;
       I was too troubled to speak.
 5 I thought about the former days,
       the years of long ago;
 6 I remembered my songs in the night.
       My heart mused and my spirit inquired:
 7 "Will the Lord reject forever?
       Will he never show his favor again?
 8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
       Has his promise failed for all time?
 9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
       Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
       Selah
 10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal:
       the years of the right hand of the Most High."
 11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
       yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
 12 I will meditate on all your works
       and consider all your mighty deeds.
 13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
       What god is so great as our God?
 14 You are the God who performs miracles;
       you display your power among the peoples.
 15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
       the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.
       Selah
 16 The waters saw you, O God,
       the waters saw you and writhed;
       the very depths were convulsed.
 17 The clouds poured down water,
       the skies resounded with thunder;
       your arrows flashed back and forth.
 18 Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind,
       your lightning lit up the world;
       the earth trembled and quaked.
 19 Your path led through the sea,
       your way through the mighty waters,
       though your footprints were not seen.
 20 You led your people like a flock
       by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP