Declaration!

>> Friday, June 17, 2011

D.  It's taken me all week to come up with a D word for some reason.  The others have already gotten their letter posts up, I'm sure. You should go look and read theirs:)  Here it is Friday and I'm plugging away making a DECLARATION.  Well, first of all, D is for DEPRESSION.  I've fallen into that lately, majorly.  Lots going on in my 40+ body plus the stormy springtime weather we've been having has been making headaches worse... blah blah blah... Anyway, I don't want to talk about DEPRESSION other than to say that it is real - it is nasty and it can bring a person down fast and furious.  It's really hard to come back up for air, too.

Today, in the midst of the same struggles and tears... blah blah blah... I determined to start in the New Testament and read it chronologically this time.  In this way, I can't get caught up in reading just to be reading.  I have to follow a path.  A chapter here and some verses in another book...  I like reading the Gospels in that way.  I'm stumped now, though.  I can't continue until I make this DECLARATION, which is quite handy since it is D week.



Here it is, from John 1:5,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through Him all things were made.  In Him was life, and that life was the light of men.  The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."


I know, there isn't a D word in there:)  It's the DECLARATION, remember?

Jesus, is God, the expression of God.  He is.  The Great I Am.  I AM.  He is.  - Jesus is who John is writing about.  Jesus became flesh and lived on earth like us.  Because of the Great I AM, we are.  Because God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit - the Three in One, we are.

Because of Jesus, because I have DECLARED my faith in Him, I am.  So why do I fall into depression so often?  I don't understand that?

He is the Bread of Life (John 6:35)
He is the Light of the world (John 8:12; 9:5)
I am the Good Shepherd (John 10:11)
He is the resurrection and the life (Acts 11:25-26)

My DECLARATION?  I believe in Jesus.  He is my Savior.  He is who I put my faith in.  If I am asked to make a choice, my life or to deny His Name, I have to choose Jesus.  That's my DECLARATION.  

He is who He says He is.  I hope you have made the same DECLARATION in your life.  If not, if you're just a random reader that has found my blog, I hope and pray that you will seek someone out that will tell you more about who Jesus is or you can always leave a comment for me on my blog or privately to me at my email address:  lauryhubrich@faithwriters.net.  

I know many dates have been determined that Jesus would come back and obviously, since we're all still here, they've been wrong.  The thing is, we don't know when He will come back.  The Bible says that even Jesus doesn't know.  But we need to be ready whenever it is.  Now is the time.  The time is now.  

Looking up...waiting...hopeful that the 
time is soon...
Laury











Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP