A2Z Meme - *A* & *B*

>> Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm a little bit late in joining the a 2 z 4 u & me meme but as I was writing this post about camp and every time I talk about it, the words 'AMAZING' and AWESOME' come to mind so why not jump in?  So here I am.  Better late than never, yes?

A - AWESOME 
& AMAZING

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm just a few days back from a very special touch from God - from the Special Touch Illinois Get Away.  It was AMAZING.  AWESOME!  You see?  There I go again!

I really didn't know what to expect.  I was just the craft lady.  I wasn't going to be one-on-one with any of the guests.  Wasn't supposed to be but anyone that knows me knows if there's a need, I will see it and will jump in where needed.  One woman, Sandy, was ti-red.  Really tir-ed.  By the time I figured that out, I had already bonded with one of her guests that she was caregiver for so it worked out perfectly.  Sandy got a bit of a rest and I got to spend some time with someone who became a very good friend to me. Anyway, God had other plans for me besides the 'Craft lady.'  I'm not so crafty anyway.  On the 'C' day, I'll share our crafts with you.  That was pretty awesomely amazing, too, of course:)

B - BLESSING!

Being at camp was such a major BLESSING!  I got to meet amazing (ugh, sorry but I can't help it.) people and they touched my life in ways that I will never ever forget.  God blessed me and touched me and rearranged my thinking so now I'm almost word-less.

I've never worked so hard in my life, I don't think.  From the time I woke up to the time I went to bed, I was going and going and going.  I'm pretty sure God put an Energizer Battery in me just for this week of camp:)  I'm so grateful. Oops, wrong letter.  I was so blessed and honored to be able to volunteer with all of these guests from Illinois and even some from Wisconsin.  Most of the other volunteers have been doing this for years and many go from camp to camp even, at their own expense.  It's very catchy.  You see the smiles on the two faces up above and below?  I rarely saw anyone not smiling.  Blessed beyond belief!  We all were!

Every one of the guests have their own storms that they live every single day health-wise but I rarely heard any complaints.  I was truly humbled.  On Thursday we got soaked on the way to the dining hall for breakfast.  I was determined not to complain.  If that's all that happened to me, I was doing good!  Guess what?  I dried!  The guests still depended on their wheelchairs or machines to help them communicate...

The people I met this past week are amazing and I am blessed to have intercepted with them and I can't wait for next year's camp!  I'm sure I'll be writing more - I held back to keep it at A & B:)  Tomorrow is C day, I guess.  You will C how camp has CHANGED my way of thinking and I hope it will change yours, too:)  Oh, I said I would talk about crafts, too.  Oboy.  So much to talk about.

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man (woman) who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." 




Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP