Silliness

>> Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hey hey hey!  It's a2z day. Hop on over to Peej's blog where you'll see lots of S posts.  Soooo, S is the letter.  My days through the week are filled with silliness.


What can I say?  I work with high school kids.  Very special high school kids.  I can come to school feeling very bad and they make me forget.  They make me laugh.  



Real belly-laughs.


A cheerful heart is good 
medicine, 
but a crushed
spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22


He will yet fill your mouth with laughter  
 and your lips with shouts of joy.
Job 8:21






A happy heart 
makes the 
face cheerful
Proverbs 15:13




Sooooo, I'm just here to say, I have one of the best jobs around. Yes I do! We have our ups and downs. I have to yell at them at times, yes I do. ergh:( But, for the most part, we have a blast! The funny thing is, their lives aren't perfect.  They have disabilities that make life hard yet they keep on.

I have one kid that tells me the scores of the games from the night before.  He can tell me who is playing Sunday night football.  He will tell me who is in what position in Nascar.  Honestly, I don't care, but he does so I try to act interested:)

They are like square pegs trying to fit in round holes.  They squeeze and squeeze.  They don't quite make it BUT they have fun trying.  I'm proud of our high school population.  I've never seen them make fun of our kids.  But it's a small town and they've all grown up together.  They know each other and their strengths and weaknesses.  That's kind of a cool thing in a weird creepy kind of way.  

It's awesome to enjoy your job, but you know what?  I don't consider it a job.  It's my ministry and I'm loving it.  This is where God has me for now and I will do the very best I can in His Name and for His glory.  I hope and pray that when these kids see me, they will see a bit of Jesus reflected through me.  That's my prayer. 


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP