Domino Effect

>> Sunday, December 7, 2008

Have you ever thought of how all of our lives intermingle with each other? Everything has to be set up just perfectly for things to work. It reminds me of dominoes. In order to get all the dominoes to knock down the one beside it, they all have to be set up just right. They need to be the correct distance from each other and standing just right.

Just think of it - because you made a decision about something a long time ago, it effects the people you interact with down through time. And the decisions I made and continue to make, effect you -- good or bad.

If one domino is out of place, all action stops. They will only keep them falling as long as all the dominoes are in their correct positions. If we make decisions that make the lasting effect of
the dominoes to stop - it might be a lost blessing or a lost soul even.

But because God is who He is, He recalculates. He sets the dominoes up in a different path to get us going again. I am so glad. I would hate to think my dominoes stalled on account of me bei
ng disobedient. I wouldn't want other people that I come into connect with, to miss out on what God has for them.

He set us up before we were even born. We have freedom of choice, of course, but He knows the roads we will take because He's God. He knows everything. I can rest in that fact. It's so good to know God is watching over me all the time.

13
"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13-16)

I love God set-ups. They work out so much better than any setting up that I try to do. I am so glad that God cares for us so much that He keeps us falling the right way so we can keep interacting with each other. Friends and family and even complete strangers benefit from this. We have lasting effect on people - we need to remember that as we make decisions.

Anyone want to set up some dominoes with me? Hmmm? I'll even let you be the one to knock them over! Really truly. Anyone wanna play?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP