Pennies from Heaven

>> Thursday, December 25, 2008

This morning I woke up to my husband warning me about my "Christmas present" from my son. "Don't yell now when you see the house."

Well, it probably couldn't be much worse than when I went to bed, now really, but I was scared. He said Nik thought of my present all by himself and was up very early in the morning following through with his plan. And considering I was up until 1:30 AM and Jim was up at 4, he didn't have a very big window of time.

I warily got up and went into our hall, ready for anything (cuz Nik is ornery and I'm just not sure where he gets that from -- LOL! That's your Christmas funny for the day:) There were pennies all down the hallway to the front room.

I know, that makes no sense if you don't know me and even if you do, that might not make sense. You see, I've been saving change. It's Mari and my fun money when she comes in 3 weeks from today! Any change that isn't hidden from me is fair game. I've discovered how fast it all adds up. It's become a standing joke in our house and it's caused some strife at the same time since getting to Ryan's new house requires a toll way (well, the way Ryan likes to go anyway.) Jim had a whole cup full of change in the car and the next time he went to pay the toll -- mysteriously it was gone. I plead the 5th!

Everyone has been very generous, letting me have their change, either willingly or unknowingly:) BUT Nik, my sweet boy, scattered 500 pennies on the floor for me. Do my kids know me or what? AND I wasn't too proud to get on the floor and pick them up by handfuls and put them in my Star Bucks glass jar, filling it up, by the way. I don't take it to the bank until it's full:) I've been there several times so far.

So much fun. Christmas, so far, has been really cool. It's 7:24 and Nik, Jim, and I are the only ones up. We're watching a movie until Ryan and Kristen wake up. Wishing all of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! And remember, Christ is the true reason for this season!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP