God-Seeker Party!

>> Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Psalm 5 (The Message)

1-3
Listen, God! Please, pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King-God, I need your help.
Every morning
you'll hear me at it again.
Every morning
I lay out the pieces of my life
on your altar
and watch for fire to descend.

Oh man, you mean King David was like all of us? Seems like my prayers are nothing but groans at times. I certainly do need Your help, God. My life seems like a big jig saw puzzle that's missing pieces. And sometimes I try to fit a piece in that just doesn't fit.

4-6 You don't socialize with Wicked,
or invite Evil over as your houseguest.
Hot-Air-Boaster collapses in front of you;
you shake your head over Mischief-Maker.
God destroys Lie-Speaker;
Blood-Thirsty and Truth-Bender disgust you.

I am all of these things at one time or another, sad to say: maybe not wicked or evil (I hope not anyway) but I can be a hot-air-boaster. Oh man -- a mischief-maker for sure! Ugh... How many times do You shake Your head at me, God? So sorry. I can be a lie-speaker. I lie to myself mostly, I'm thinking. It takes Your light to reveal things in me that I gloss over. So happy for that light. I don't think i'm blood-thirsty and I hope I don't bend the truth too much.

7-8 And here I am, your invited guest—
it's incredible!
I enter your house; here I am,
prostrate in your inner sanctum,
Waiting for directions
to get me safely through enemy lines.

Oh man, that is crazy. I am all of those things and You still LOVE ME! You still want to spend time with me! You want me to come and wait on You. Here I am, Lord. You invited me. You let me in. I'm listening for Your directions for my life. Help me, please?

9-10 Every word they speak is a land mine;
their lungs breathe out poison gas.
Their throats are gaping graves,
their tongues slick as mudslides.
Pile on the guilt, God!
Let their so-called wisdom wreck them.
Kick them out! They've had their chance.

My, what if we looked like how we acted? When we lie about something, the poison gas would knock over the listener. Gaping graves for throats - ugh... Mudslides for tongues. Please help me keep my thoughts focused on You, Lord. Give me Your wisdom so I follow You all my days and don't become like these descriptions. Please, Lord.

11-12 But you'll welcome us with open arms
when we run for cover to you.
Let the party last all night!
Stand guard over our celebration.
You are famous, God, for welcoming God-seekers,
for decking us out in delight.

I can't wait to run into Your arms for cover. Oh -- God-seekers, come to the party! God is standing guard so we can party all night. I want to be clothed in Your delight, Lord, for sure and certain. I'm ready to party now:)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP