Far Into the Everlies!

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

Psalm 8

A David Psalm
1 God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name.
Oh yes! A name above all others indeed!
2 Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you;
toddlers shout the songs
That drown out enemy talk,
and silence atheist babble.
Are babies looking up to You? Is that what they're doing when they grin?
3-4 I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,
your handmade sky-jewelry,
Moon and stars mounted in their settings.
Oh man! I do see You in Your handiwork. It is a true work of art that You created for us!
Then I look at my micro-self and wonder,
Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?
That's for sure. Why do You put up with us like You do? I am so small in comparison so why do I demand Your attention and get upset when I don't see You jump.
5-8 Yet we've so narrowly missed being gods,
bright with Eden's dawn light.
You put us in charge of your handcrafted world,
repeated to us your Genesis-charge,
Made us lords of sheep and cattle,
even animals out in the wild,
Birds flying and fish swimming,
whales singing in the ocean deeps.
And we don't do that very well, either.
9 God, brilliant Lord,
your name echoes around the world.
Your Name does echo around the world - sometimes in a derogatory way and hopefully more often in praise and glory to You. I praise You Lord, in these storms raging around me and my family and friends. I praise You for who You are. I praise You for what You do and all You've done and all You will do. I praise You when things look the blackest and all seems lost. I praise You when it's the furthest thing from my mind to do.

Love You Lord! Love You for all time! Love You forever and ever and far into the everlies because You are teaching me to love. Love You! Love You! Love You!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP