God rewrote the text of my life...

>> Monday, June 21, 2010


Today is the 23rd day of a pretty intense Bible reading schedule.  Let's see, if I could do Math in my head I could shoot out how many more days I have, but alas, I can't. Oh, I probably could but that might strain my summer brain. Can't have that happen, can we?  Someone can tell me how many left in a comment:)  

Today I read about David.  It's clear as can be the sins in his life that caused God's hand to move away from him for a bit but David always moves back to God.  He has powerful writings he shares with us, too. Awesome writings.  This is what he wrote after he was installed as king again but it was also after his son Absolom was killed.  David loved big, sinned big, and lost big but God is bigger and He loved David even more than big, he forgave his sins in a big way, and He returned to David what he lost in big ways.  And he does the same for us today. Our God is an awesome God. For reals. Forever.


21-25 God made my life complete
      when I placed all the pieces before him.
   When I cleaned up my act,
      he gave me a fresh start.
   Indeed, I've kept alert to God's ways;
      I haven't taken God for granted.
   Every day I review the ways he works,
      I try not to miss a trick.
   I feel put back together,
      and I'm watching my step.
   God rewrote the text of my life
      when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. 
(2 Samuel 22 - The Message)




Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP