Super Sinner/Super Savior

>> Sunday, June 6, 2010

Today's church service was awesome. I worshiped and felt God's presence there in a big way. We had a worship leader being voted on, Jim Coonce. He did a really good job.

One of the songs we sang went right along with Genesis, the book I read this week for the 90 day challenge: Glory to God, by Steve Fee. In fact, it goes with Exodus, too, and every other book in the Bible, for that matter.



I hope you listened to it or maybe listening to it as you continue to read. Isn't it awesome? As I stood in worship with several hundred others, I was swept off to another place. At one point I gasped for breath. I couldn't sing. All I could do was sigh and bask in His glory, God's glory. It was wonderful. I could say it was the worship leader that led me there. Maybe he did. He did have a part, that's true, but if my heart hadn't been prepared from the days before, I wouldn't have had the experience I did.

What do I mean? I spent hours and hours with God this week while working toward meeting the 90 day challenge. That's it. That's the key. Worship leaders can be awesome and talented but if we haven't spent time with God outside of church, they won't be able to lead us anywhere.

Remember what happened to Moses in Exodus when he spent time with God?

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.

When I read this account, I questioned myself. Can others tell a difference in me after I've spent time with the Lord? Does that radiance cause others to shade their eyes when I walk by? Well, that's certainly not the case, but I hope they can tell by my actions, words, and general demeanor, that I am God's child and I love spending time with my Daddy.

I'm certainly not proud of the fact that I'm a pretty super sinner, but I am in good company. As much as a super sinner I am, I have a Super Savior that has redeemed me. He paid the price for my past, current, and future sins.

Once we've been with God, alone or in a crowd of others, we can't hold onto our sinful selves. We've felt God's presence. We've experienced His grace and mercy. When we walk away, we feel the afterglow. We've been transformed. Renewed. Revived. Different.

What happens when we leave the building, almost always? Life hits. We fall down off the mountain or maybe shoved off a cliff. Life happens. That's why we need to constantly be spending time with God. We need that transformation power every day. We need that renewal. We need revived. Oh my goodness, we most certainly need to be different!

Jesus paid the price for us and what a high price it was.

"Praise the One who paid my debt, 
and raised this life up from the dead.
Praise the One who paid my debt, 
and raised this life up from the dead. 
Praise the One who paid my debt, 
and raised this life up from the dead!" 

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP