Free to be...

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I look bad in this picture but even so, I wanted to share because these two friends that sit beside me have taught me much about living life.

To the right is my friend Norma.  I sought her out years ago when I was told she has fibromyaliga.  She invited me to her house and I've clung to her since.  She's taken me to doctor appointments and cared for me in times I've really needed some special attention and a woman's touch.

She has such an enormous heart for God and actively shows it.  Jesus shines through her in awesome ways. Because of infirmities, God put us together and I'm grateful to Him for that.  She stood beside me in really rough weather and was and is, a strong anchor for me.  She's taught me to live and love, for sure.  I have grown much and don't cling to her like I used to, which is a very good thing, and it frees her up to minister to others who need her like I did and still do but in different ways.

To my left is Marilyn.  I met this graceful lady through Norma.  Actually this is Norma's sister.  They both are Canadian bred and have accents that bear witness to that fact.  She lived close to Chicago and Norma would let me come along for rides to go see her.  She grew to be, not just Norma's sister and a way for me to get to spend more time with Norma, but she became a good friend.

Her life was hard.  She lived with so much pain but she faithfully served God all of her days.  A month or so ago she was in a car accident and never recovered.  Yesterday she passed away.  She's now with Jesus, walking on healthy legs now.  I'm sure she's found a group of women to take under her angel wings and minister to.  She loved to laugh.  She loved to teach.  She loved to worship.  She loved to live life to the fullest and wouldn't allow her physical body to limit her.  Now she's free to be...

I'm so happy she's free to be...

"May (God) keep us centered and devoted to Him, following the life path He has cleared, 
watching the signposts, walking at the pace and rhythms He laid down."  (1 Kings 8:56)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP