The Journey

>> Sunday, August 15, 2010

Friday night we went to see Eat Pray Love.  It was good.  Who doesn't love Julia Roberts?  It was a journey of a 30+ woman to find herself.  Many of us can relate to that.  Our life is a journey.

The main character, Elizabeth, was given a prophecy by a little Yoda man in Bali.  He told her she would be in two relationships, one short and one long.  When she got home, she realized that her marriage was the short one.  She made the prophecy come true.  She left her husband even though he begged her to stay and refused to give her a divorce. So sad when many woman would love to have a husband declare his love so adamantly and tenaciously.  Anyway, she left New York to find herself.

Recently I was on a quest to 'find myself.'  I learned some things while trying to figure out what direction my blog would go.  One thing I KNOW for sure, though - Jesus is my answer.  He is the source of all I have.  He is my happiness and joy.  He loves me and takes care of me.  That is what I hold onto.  That's what keeps me continuing on my journey.

Elizabeth got caught up in gurus and meditation.  She was so very close to the answer. Sad stuff to chase after the wind.

Jesus told us, over 2,000 years ago, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  John 14:6

There are only two paths for us to follow, not many, as the world teaches.  There is a path that leads to eternal life and one that doesn't.  Two choices.  That's it.  People had the same questions in Jesus' time and before.  Nothing is new under the sun, for sure.

Jesus truly is the WAY.  He is the TRUTH.  He is the LIFE.

I know many women will compare their lives to the one in the movie and yearn to pack up their bags to 'find themselves.'  Instead of running away from life, I hope and pray that the movie leads them smack dab into Jesus because He's standing there.  Wooing.  Calling.  He is the answer and going half way around the world isn't necessary.  It really isn't affordable either, and it certainly doesn't guarantee you'll have an answer by vacation's end.

Just reach out.  That's it.  "Jesus, I believe..."  The answer isn't just out of our grasp.  See?  The kite string is being blown right into your hand.  Catch hold of it and don't let go!  Life is an adventure right where you live.  No need to pack up your bags for a journey of 'enlightenment.'

"Jesus is the way and the truth and the life", for sure and for certain!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP