Lackadaisical, for Lack of a Better Word

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

Sometimes living between the storms means going through the rough weather so you can reach the calm skies.  The air gets really turbulent.  Ever been in an airplane when you've had to go up above the storm?  Same thing.

So I guess we keep flying upward and onward until Jesus comes back for us, no matter what the weather, stormy or calm.  If and when our kites crash, we get help to untangle them from our support team, and we go at it again.  It's so tempting to stop but when we do that, we're stuck in the storm.  We can't rise above it.  We're blown and tossed and we just take it.  I'll use a word I've probably never in my whole life said or wrote, for sure!  We become:

lack·a·dai·si·cal
  [lak-uh-dey-zi-kuhl]
–adjective
1.
without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: alackadaisical attempt.
2.
lazy; indolent: a lackadaisical fellow.




That's what's happened to me these past couple of days.  I've let the wind toss me wherever it wanted to.  I cared yet I didn't care enough to try to rise above it.  I suppose that's what I need to do now - since I declared my weakness to all of blogdom.

Honestly, I don't want to be lackadaisical.  It means I'm lacking in something, and maybe that's faith that God will listen to me when I talk to Him.

So I'm going to attempt to rise above whatever is holding me down and keep me from soaring, if only I can figure out how...






Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP