Mighty to Save!

>> Tuesday, August 10, 2010


"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

Zephaniah 3:17, NIV




Today's been a rough one and now a storm is coming in. I hear it rumbling outside but my head knew yesterday it was on the horizon. My body can tell. The change in pressure affects me to the extreme.

This morning I looked up storm pictures and found this lion then I found Zephaniah 3:17 to put with it. I didn't plan on posting anything but that. The words fit for today and others on FB said the words spoke to them as well.

Just now rereading the verse, I see that God is with me and He is mighty to save. It doesn't say He'll keep the storms away. It says He will keep me safe. He knows I'll be afraid so He promises to quiet those fears with His love. As the storm rages outside, My God is singing to me. He's not making fun of me as I tremble in His arms. He delights in me.

Between the storms is a good time to breathe again. Relax. Regroup. Prepare me for another round of storms. I see myself hiding in the mane of the Lion of Judah, my arms around His neck, and Him singing in my ear as the wind blows all around us. He is unmovable. Unshakable. He truly is mighty to save!



Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP