The Canary List

>> Friday, July 29, 2011

This is my first Ebook to read through Waterbrook Multomah.  I don't have an E-reader so I used my computer.  It wouldn't let me use the Kindle reader for PC.  I had to download the Adobe Digital Edition Reader.    It was okay, I suppose.  I don't like the idea of having two different readers, though, taking up space on my computer.  Both are different.  If I had to choose, I'd say I like the Kindle for PC better.  Ideally, a Kindle or Nook is what is needed for this but I don't have one.

Anyway, The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer was different.  Very, very different.  It wound in the lives of an ordinary school teacher, with a young foster child, and a child psychologist, a couple of hired killers, the Vatican, and a plot that makes you think.

The book kept me engrossed.  I never wanted to stop reading yet it was too intense where I had to force myself to stop so I could get to sleep at night.  I'd say it was over my head towards the end.  I'm not interested in the in's and out's of the Catholic church nor am I interested in learning about demon possession.  If you are prone to debates in this area, then you would enjoy the book.  It does cast a bad light on the Catholic Church, too, just for a fair warning.

It was interesting and opened my eyes to some things but all in all, I'd say it was pure fiction.  It's not a book I would read again for fun.  I would be hesitant to recommend it.  Maybe a man might have more of an interest.  It was well-written and intense.  I enjoyed getting to know the characters and felt their pain and hopelessness.  With that, I will leave it up to you and would like to know what you think of the book if you give it a go. It's just different than what I normally read.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP