Aloha Moments!

>> Friday, August 22, 2008

Florals by tamara.ogle.   
Aloha!  No, I haven't been to Hawaii but I have been reading, Sisterchicks do the Hula! by Robin Jones Gunn.  They are very fun books that we, as women, with sisterchicks of our own, can certainly relate to!  I learned, yes, I learned something from this entertaining read:) what aloha means. 

Alo means presence or in the face
ha means breath or spirit
so Aloha means breathe into the face or share spirit with one another.

Of course, that reminds me of how we were created, "
the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."  Genesis 2:7 (NIV)

God came face-to-face with the very first man, Adam.  Forehead-to-forehead.  That closeness was all that was needed to breathe life into him and from that first breath, all the people from then to now were created.  Amazing.  Mind-boggling.  (Wow!  Shaking my head to clear it so I can continue!)

People who share aloha are those who draw close to another.  They come close enough to trust another with the essence of who they are, close enough to breathe in your face.

Tonight I will share aloha with my friends as we go out together. 

And I still remember looking at Mari; forehead-to-forehead, that last morning, right before we were leaving for the airport.  I wanted to memorize her because I had no idea when we would see each other face-to-face again.  Our aloha moment.  We shared spirit with one another for sure.  She is my sisterchick.  God plopped her down into my life for all time.

And I have so many others that I wouldn't dare to even begin to name.  God knows I need friends and He has been so good to provide them for me.  Friends of all ages, from all over the world. 

But until you can share an aloha moment with them, the deal just isn't sealed, not in my book anyway.  The internet leaves a big old hole where aloha should be.  I can't wait to share more aloha moments with my very dear friends. 

Blogged with the Flock Browser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP