Joy Comes in Costume Sometimes

>> Saturday, August 2, 2008

hungry by D'Arcy Norman.
The picture of this giraffe gives me joy.  I don't know why.  Maybe because she's so content.  She has an odd body but she fits it and it fits her.  When she's hungry, she just reaches up to a high branch and nibbles at some leaves.  This giraffe makes me smile:)  I'm sure God smiled when He created it.  How could you not smile when looking at it? 

"Celebrate God all day, every day.  I mean, revel in Him!  Make it as clear as you can
to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. 
Help them see that the Master is about to arrive.  He could show up any minute. 

Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your
worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense
of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.
Its wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

Philippians 4:4-7

Mari agreed that I am stubborn, just like a mule stuck in the mud, but she's committed to pulling me out, no matter how long it takes.  She said I could stand on her back to get over the fence.  I have so many friends like that, I am very blessed.  Laura texted me and when I told her that I was looking for joy today but couldn't find her, she said this, "Joy comes in costume sometimes."  I suppose she's dressed as a giraffe for me right now:)  Joy the Giraffe.  There you go.  The giraffe now has a name.  And Shirley, a cyber friend has invited me for cookies and tea but we are busy deciding just what kind of tea I would like.  Yes, I think I found joy.  They are disguised as jewels:) as awesome friends, as God's creation.  Maybe I just stepped on one wrung of the fence, you think?  A little closer to getting to Joy. 


Blogged with the Flock Browser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP