ZOE!

>> Sunday, August 3, 2008


Today in church, I heard an excellent sermon and it goes right along with my quest to find my friend, Joy. Our minister, Greg Taylor, preached about abundant life from John 10.

"I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Greg taught us that zoe is Greek for new life, an incredible life, an abundant life. That is what we get when we take Jesus at His Word and believe in Him. But we, or I should say, I, don't always walk abundantly. Sometimes I let little things like fences get in the way. Mari said this in my last blog:


"Don't let that fence keep you from such beautiful joy. You have friends on the other side ready to break your fall, 'cuz I am about to push your butt over that fence. And when I tumble after you, the whole lot of us will laugh and bubble over in a tremendous party of joy!"

Joy is with me. She's just been hidden the past few days. She has occasionally stuck out her head and waved at me. I get great joy from spending time with my family. One day Jim and I were at Walmart and Nik was walking along behind us. He threatened to give us points for PDA (public display of affection) That was so much fun, especially when I gave him a reason to be embarrassed!
It gives me joy to spend time with our neighbor kids. They make me smile BIG.
I get lots of joy from my newest addiction, texting on the cell phone:) its fun to send little messages to Mari and Laura throughout the day.
I also get loads of joy from being with my friends, whether it is online or actually being with them in person!
I enjoy praying with others on the phone or online. That always gives me lots of joy.

But ultimately, Jesus is the source of all my joy. Its to Him I need to go when I get down and overwhelmed. He is my joy and my salvation.
Psalm 51:12, " 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
Psalm 95:1, "1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation."

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart!



Blogged with the Flock Browser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP