School Days!

>> Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"School days, school days
Dear old golden rule days
Readin' and 'ritin' and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hickory stick"


Ugh...  School is starting, tomorrow in fact, for me.  Most parents are glad, I know, but I'm the one that has to go.  It's my job.  BUT I got all summer off.  There lies the problem.  I had big plans for my time.  I wanted to organize the house, organize me, get stories sent to magazines, get my work printed out and put into a notebook, finish a tween book...  Well, I don't think I did any of that, sad to say.  I did have two truly wonderful, fantastic vacations, though.  That accounts for two weeks out of my summer. 

Other than that, I can't even think what I did.  That is really sad and so much time wasted.  I can't believe the summer is gone.  Ugh... 

But now, I'll probably get lots more done.  I'm one that needs a routine, someone that forces that routine, anyway.  Laury-enforced just doesn't cut it.  So tomorrow, I'll be going again. 

School days, ugh...  :)  and let me tell you -- it's so not taught to the tune of the hickory stick anymore.  Maybe if it were, I wouldn't be dreading it so much. 

But I do love it.  Once I get there, I'll fall in love with the kids all over again.  Hope so anyway.  Usually I'm excited about going back.  This time I'm a little scared that I can't handle it.  But I always do, for the most part, and I usually enjoy it, for the most part.  So, hi ho hi ho, it's off to school I go....  hear me whistling as I post this entry?  Hi ho hi ho hi ho -- cha cha cha!


*by Will Cobb and Gus Edwards, 1907
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP