Dream Stealer

>> Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I am experiencing a blip on the computer screen -- a momentary tripping up of my faith. At least I hope it only lasts for a moment. If I am able to let my dreams fly away that easily, I must not be as stubborn as I once thought.

Paul wrote a letter to the Ephesians from prison, one of his many from there. How can I complain about my dreams not coming to pass when I think what Paul's dream was. He desired to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles. He wanted to teach us the "unsearchable riches of Christ." Because he was in prison, it didn't mean he let his dream die. Instead, possibly even more came to Christ because of the dream stealers in his life. He let them have no place in his heart.

Joseph had real dream stealers. His brothers sold him because they weren't happy with the dreams he had. Because of that, God worked powerfully in this young man's life to help a whole nation of people to survive. All the dreams he had, God made sure came about for His glory.

And because of the suffering of Jesus, we can "approach God with freedom and confidence." (Eph. 3:12) The world attempted to cut off Jesus's dream, also. He was attacked to the point of death by dream stealers. His dream would not die either. God used those thieves to work about His plan.

My dreams -- they were brutally ripped from me, thrown to the ground, and trampled this morning. The only problem is, I don't think I let go before the demolition. But, I see, the same thing happened to Paul and to Jesus and to Joseph and to so many in the Bible. Why should I be any different? Why should I be immune to life's challenges?

I sent a friend a rather cryptic message about my experience this morning with dream stealers. She e-mailed me this, "your dreams? No.... they are still there, floating about...just waiting for the right time to light on your palm." It makes me cry even now, to read that. It reminds me that one thing can't be taken away from me. The love God has for me and the friends that He so very carefully put into my life.

Paul prayed this prayer just for me, for this time in 2008, and he prayed this prayer for you,
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:17-21 NIV)

And now I stand here, my arm outstretched, palm up, waiting for my dreams to light back on it as I cry out to my Abba Father.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP