Memories

>> Monday, March 24, 2008

My most pleasant memory, from a sixth grade outlook, was when I got baptized. I can prove it. I found a writing assignment while rummaging through piles of papers:

"My most pleasant memory that I can remember (Ha, how redundant is that?) is when I got baptized. I hope you know what that is like. It was in my home church in Danville, Illinois. I can remember how scary it was when I got up in front of those people that I knew. I had known most of them since I was little. Afterwards I felt like I was perfect, but after living awhile, I knew God was the only perfect One. I think being baptized is the most pleasant a memory there is."

Looking backwards, I would say that I was right. Being baptized is a very good memory. But now I have life experiences to add to that. I have my years of living with God and walking in the Spirit. I have my marriage and my children that now rank right up there in good memories. Of course my friends are near the top of the list, too.

No matter what we go through in this life, we can be assured that God is in control and knows what our future will be.

Revelation 1:7, "Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.""

Our future is Heaven. Being taken up with Him will be our last, most pleasant memory. We look up and wait expectantly and then we get busy again, doing whatever it is that He has for us to do, but ever looking up and creating more memories..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP