>> Friday, May 2, 2008

I had a minister once say that insanity is when you do something over and over and over again thinking you will get different results. Oh my! I was sleeping last night, in the early evening, all alone in the house, when the phone rang. In my groggy state, I answered it and it was the Discover Card. She thanked us for our business (she better, boy do we give her business!) but she had a special offer to share. For only $2.99 a month or something like that, I wasn't really caring at that point, we could have protection of our card in case it got stolen or lost. I kindly told her we weren't interested. She started her whole speel again. Again, I told her I was NOT interested. They must not give these salespeople notes to say when people say no. Its always, "I understand that but..." and then its off to the races again. I finally played the, "I don't feel good" card and she got off the phone with me finally. Grrrr.

This reminded me of how I am with God. I argue with Him all the time. When one way doesn't work, I'll come at it from a different angle. He, unlike me on the phone with the crazy sales lady, is very patient with me, so very patient. His way is the best way. He knows me better than I know me. I don't know why I insist on arguing with Someone who loves me so much. Someone who has known me since the very beginning of time. Someone who loves me in spite of who I am. I'll try to work on being a better listener.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

This is His promise and this is what I'm standing on. Anyone want to stand with me?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP