Geometry Anyone?

>> Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Geometry class this quarter, we have begun to talk about Transformations. Just so you know, in case you don't: I am NOT the teacher. I'm a teacher's aide. It would be very very scary if I were teaching a Math class. I'm talking SCARY SCARY! Anyway, about three lessons into it I had a sudden realization, "WOW. What a blog idea!" But I'm not supposed to be blogging. I'm supposed to be working on NaNo. But you know, a girl's just gotta blog when the Spirit says blog, so blog I am:)

There are three main Transformations:

Reflection (that's when you FLIP!)
Rotation (that is when you TURN!)
Translation (that's when you SLIDE!)

Okay, I know. You're not picking up on my excitement. Listen up! This picture of the mountain, you know it's a reflection. When you reflect something, it is a mirror image and every point is the same distance from the central line. It is a flip over a line.

When we become Christians, we totally FLIP or repent. We begin to align ourselves with God and His Word. We totally flip around.



This next shape is showing a rotation or a turn. When a shape is rotated, it is turned around the center. The distance from the center to any point on the shape stays the same. In our walk with Christ, we should be making Him the center of all we do and say.



This next shape is a translation. The shape has moved or slid down. It doesn't rotate or resize, it just moves. In our walk with God, we not only should be reflecting Him and rotating around Him; we should also be drawing nearer and nearer to Him. We should be sliding closer. We will never achieve perfection. That will happen when we die and we get our new body but we can do our best to live the way He desires us to live.


"When I was a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor REFLECTION as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 Cor. 13:11-13 NIV)

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being TRANSFORMED into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:18 NIV)

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be table to test and approve what God's will is -- His good, pleasing, and perfect will." (Romans 12:2 NIV)

In all of these examples, the size stays the same - when we become Christians, we keep the same body -- but it's our mind that changes, our way of thinking. We do a total turn-around. We desire to reflect our Maker.

Hopefully you picked up a little bit of my excitement. You know the toys, Transformers, (more than meets the eye?) That's us. Using what we have and totally changing it up, reflecting, and sliding closer to God every day.

Okay now, aren't you so jealous that I get to sit in a Geometry class every day for fifty minutes? Oh boy! Happy reflecting, rotating, and translating!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP