The Truth Will Set You Free!

>> Monday, November 3, 2008

"Dave had encouraged her to read her Bible so she reached up on her nightstand and set it in her lap. She opened it to where she had left her bookmark so many weeks ago. She began to read Mark chapter 8. She read slowly to let the thoughts and teachings of Jesus fully sink in. She suddenly stopped at verse 31. “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Jenn knew this freedom was spiritual freedom in Christ. She was ready, so ready to be free again but wasn’t sure she was really ready when push came to shove. She stood, on the edge of the cliff. She wasn’t ready to take the plunge. She knew God was there to catch her, she knew that without a doubt but to act on it, to totally surrender to Him, she just wasn’t ready to make that commitment. She didn’t feel she had enough faith. She didn’t feel that she was good enough. She just plain didn’t feel…"
These are my NaNo characters. They aren't real but maybe they are. Maybe it describes you and your walk with the Lord right now. Maybe it's my walk, if not now, in the past and I'm sure will also describe the future.
Just like Peter, we have to step out of the boat to see God work in our lives. If we hold on too tight inside the boat, we will never see our lives played out fully - the way God had intended them to be. I'm jumping in feet first with this writing project. It overwhelms me most of the time but when I changed my focus to what God wants, and getting into His Word, I have seen it come together a bit better. Of course, I might start floundering in the water tomorrow but I also know that God will be there for me and I have many friends who will help pull me up, too.
"If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (Mark 8:31 NIV)
Aloha! Cha cha cha!!!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP