Road to Somewhere

>> Sunday, June 1, 2008

Journey with me through Psalm 119 today, won't you?


I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse!
How many times have I said this? Oh my!
Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
Seems like I'm always asking for help up.


When I told my story, you responded;
You always listen to me, You never tire of my unnending whining.
train me well in your deep wisdom.
Help me understand these things inside and out
so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
I love to sit and ponder You, Lord

My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
Oh my, is it ever!
build me up again by your Word.
In order to do that, I need to be in Your Word. Give me a hunger that can't be quenched.
Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;

Yes! Close it off. Make it very clear to me when I'm going the wrong direction.
grace me with your clear revelation.
I'm so dense sometimes, please grace me LOUDLY so I will notice:)

I choose the true road to Somewhere,
Somewhere! I don't need to know where, as long as I'm not on the road to Nowhere.
I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;

I'm listening, straining my ears to hear; holding on desperately to each Word uttered.
God, don't let me down!
I let You down so much. I'm sorry, Lord.


I'll run the course you lay out for me
if you'll just show me how.
You know I'm so bad at road maps. I get lost everytime. I don't know which way is up. I need really clear direction here, Lord. I'm standing at the crossroad - listening, waiting for Your direction, waiting to see what the next turn is on the road to somewhere, wherever it is that You are taking me. I can't wait to find out!

Psalm 119:25-32 (The Message)
Maroon color: my thoughts

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP