Scurrying instead of soaring

>> Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yesterday morning on my drive to church, I watched a tiny little bird with spindly legs walk quickly across the road. The breeze as my van passed him probably gave him the extra boost he needed to get across without getting hit. Why didn't he fly? He had two wings. He was equipped to fly. Why would he choose to scurry across, with such a worried look on his tiny face? Well, maybe that was my worried look. I certainly didn't want to hit a bird, let alone one that seemed to have such purpose!

I probably look like that bird when God sees me. He has equipped me with the tools I need to live a life free from worry and stress but do I use those tools? Sometimes I do and at times I don't. I choose to go at my own speed by my own means and then wonder why my life isn't productive. ugh...

Today is my first day of summer with no school. I'm needing to set up a routine so I don't spend all my time in bed moaning. So far I've been all talk. I am in an incredible amount of pain so its hard to get my day going (up out of bed, that is.)

When I close my eyes I can still see that bird. There is so much that he doesn't understand and the funny thing is, he could care less. I should take a lesson from that silly little bird. The bad thing about him: he didn't use his wings to fly across the road; the good thing about the tiny thing: he doesn't worry about his life.

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 12:7 (NIV)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP