You Talkin' to Me?

>> Monday, June 9, 2008

The young man worked, minding his own business. He stood up to stretch his back and wipe the sweat from his brow when a presence caught his attention. To his right, sitting under a tree, sat an angel of God. He had heard about angel sightings before.

The angel spoke, 12 "God is with you, O mighty warrior!"

"God is with me? If that's so, then why has all this horrible stuff been happening to us? What about all those miracles our parents and grandparents told us about, can you tell me that? Huh? God has nothing to do with us. He has turned us over to the Midianites."

Gideon started to work again when the angel got in his face. 14 "Go in this strength that is yours. Save Israel from Midian. Haven't I just sent you?"

"You can't mean me. I'm from the weakest tribe and I'm the youngest. Maybe you wanted to talk to my uncle over there. See him?"

16 God said to him, "I'll be with you. Believe me, you'll defeat Midian as one man."

"Okay, if this is so, give me a sign. Stay right here and I'll be right back!"

The angel was patient. He agreed to wait.

And we will wait with the angel, out under the tree or you can go ahead and read the rest of the story found in Judges, chapter 6 and 7. I'm sure this "punk" kid won't try to test the Lord, surely not! And I am sure we NEVER dared argue with the Lord, either!

Is He asking you to do something today? If you listen, you just might hear Him.

"Lord God, I'm feeling puny today. Surely You're not talkin' to me. Be with all of us as we go about our day. Help us to think on You and wonder what it is that You desire for us to do to further Your kingdom for Your glory. We love You, Lord. Help me persevere through this and write out Gideon's story this week. Thank you for my preacher who taught about this man yesterday and who challenged us to read these two chapters. This is Your day, Lord. Please use me in whatever way it is I need to be used. Thank You, Lord."

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP