Dingy Socks

>> Saturday, April 5, 2008

This morning I was doing housework before I lost myself in Cyberland. While I was folding clothes, I noticed my husband's brand new socks. We've been leading very crazy lives lately and he's struggled with having no clean underwear and socks so one day he went out and bought some. Of course, he could have started a load of clothes and washed them, but, alas, that would be a different topic:)

As I folded clothes, I noticed how bright his new socks and underwear were while laying up to the old ones. That's something you just don't notice when they are all the same. It got me thinking about my life when I first became a Christian. Actually, that was in 4th grade. Really, the time in my life when God became REAL to me when I got older, that's the time I thought of.

I couldn't read the Bible enough. I couldn't pray enough. There were never enough church services to satisfy my hungering soul. What happened to that attitude, I wonder? Why do I struggle to find the time to read my Bible. Why is going to church some Sunday mornings such a struggle?

Comparing myself now to the awakening I experienced back then, shames and appalls me. I want revived. I want to feel that first love again. I don't want to be a dingy sock. I want to be a clean, bright white one. What kind of sock do you want to be? Now is the time to decide and then make changes.

"Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life."
Psalm 51:7 (The Message)
____________
"But you walked away from your first love—why?
What's going on with you, anyway?
Do you have any idea how far you've fallen?
A Lucifer fall! "Turn back! Recover your dear early love.
No time to waste, for I'm well on my way to
removing your light from the golden circle.
Revelation 2:4-5 (The Message)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP