Pouring Down Rain

>> Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wow! It is pouring outside. I'm so glad we didn't get caught in it at a ball diamond somewhere! It certainly wouldn't be the first time but still, I am very glad to be home, safe, dry, and free from worry about having to drive in it.

You know the saying, "Into everyone's life a little rain must fall." It has been raining in our lives for sure. Ruth has had to stop chemotherapy and start kidney dialysis. This is a very scary time for Jim and his brother, Chug. They are really reaching out to her the way they know how. They both go to see her each day. They are very good sons. I convinced Ruth that she would like books on tape. She finally tried it and she is hooked. I went to the library and got her Miss Marple tapes. Its so hard to go from an avid reading to not being able to read. Very hard. So glad technology provides other ways to get around this!

And speaking of sons, ahem, our son, Ryan, has NOT called since I found out he was home from the hospital. As soon as I know he's okay, he won't be! I'm praying that all is well with him. But for his sake, he best have a good reason for not calling his mama -- a very good reason. I can't think of one reason that would pass, though. As soon as I hear his voice again, I'm sure I'll forget my threats and forgive him.

That's what God does for us all the time. He loves us unconditionally. He forgives our debts. He cries when we ignore Him. He readily accepts us when we return. How great is our God? Extremely great! This is the chorus to Chris Tomlin's most worshipful song, How Great is Our God.


"How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God,and all who sing
How great, How great
Is our God."
We truly do serve a great God! Won't you sing His praises with me?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP