Stinkin' Livin'

>> Friday, April 11, 2008


On my way home from dropping Nik off at school for a baseball game, I happened to get behind a garbage truck. My present mood was just perfect for this distraction. I had an excellent view of a disgustingly gross rear of a truck. I could have passed but couldn't make myself do it. Even as junk was whipping out of it, I stayed. Didn't have the gumption to do anything about it. I thought maybe that was the perfect place for me.

Right now I seem to be flailing around in the quick sand. Won't be too long before I get tired and just give up. Of course, I could reach out for the rope that's being thrown to me. Yes, I could do that but sometimes flailing is what my present mood wants to do.

Thank goodness I have very determined friends who won't let me sink. Its irritating at times, like when I just want to be left alone to gurgle in the swampy mire, but in the long run, I am very thankful for them. When I can't go on, they pull me along by their faith. Sometimes its the very next day when the tables are turned and I am pulling one of them. God is so good to put just the right friends into my life.

Following garbage trucks and drinking in quicksand is not living an abundant life, that I know. Soon I'll be ready for the good stuff, will be craving the good stuff. But for now, this is what I have chosen so this is what I am going through. Stand back, you just might get some quick sand splattered on your clothes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP