Praise Him in this Storm

>> Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We have many storms brewing in our family right now. My mother-in-law is in the hospital with lymphoma. That is taking my husband away every day to be with her.

I've been very sick so Jim is being pulled on both sides. Not a pleasant place for him to be, I'm sure.

And now, a new storm has entered into the system. Ryan, our oldest son who is stationed in Hawaii, has appendicitis. He was whisked off the USS Charlotte to get treatment. He finally called early April Fool's Day to confirm to us what it was. Surgery will be anytime. Of course, moms only need to know what is parceled out to them by their military children. That is frustrating. All he has to do is say the word that he needs us and at least one of us will be there.

I will praise God in this new storm just like I've praised Him in the other two. But truthfully, its getting really hard to watch new storms crop up and makes me ask the dreaded question, "What's next, Lord?" And now I said it. Now I will probably find out. But no matter what comes our way -- I will praise Him in the storm.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP