Catching my breath...

>> Sunday, April 20, 2008

Psalm 23
God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
When I'm sitting here beside You,
I can't think of one thing I could possibly need, not a one!
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
Its so soft, the bed You made for me
The water, so pure and refreshing!
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.
Wow! I really needed this break in my day!
A breath or two I will take and gladly breathe in Your presence, Lord!

Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
Do we have to talk about this one, Lord?
I'm not afraid
David may not have been, but I kinda am, Lord.
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.
Yes, I do feel secure with You at my side. Safe and secure...

You serve me a six-course dinner
You know how I love to eat!
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
Its been drooping lots lately, Lord, and You always revive me, always!
my cup brims with blessing.
Oh my, yes! Lots of blessings!
Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
Why do I run from You so much? So glad You do chase after me, though.
for the rest of my life.
Yes, for the rest of my life! Thank You Lord, for this quiet time with You.

Psalm 23, The Message
Blue -- my words, certainly NOT David's:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP