God-Friendship

>> Thursday, April 24, 2008

My question: What are God-worshipers like?
Your answer: Arrows aimed at God's bull's-eye.
Psalm 25:12 (The Message)

Yesterday I had such a bad day. I really should quit publically declaring things. No sooner do I leave my blog and start my day when it all seems to crumble around me. Yesterday, I say with head hung low, I wasn't lined up so well on God. I missed the bull's-eye completely. I didn't even hit the farthest reaches of the target.

I was reminded by a friend that today would be an all-new day. I love that about God. He doesn't hold our shortcomings against us. I have to pick myself up and try again.

So, with head held high, and with no regrets about yesterday, because its all in the past, I stand once again at the target, and this time, hopefully and prayerfully, I will hit Him square in the heart.

God-friendship is for God-worshipers;
They are the ones he confides in.
If I keep my eyes on God,
I won't trip over my own feet.
Psalm 25:14-15 (The Message)

I must keep my eyes on God. As I worship Him, that happens automatically. He always speaks to me during that time. He whispers in my ear. He prods me on. He tells me I can do all things through Him. As long as I keep my eyes on Him I won't trip over my feet. So -- I so clearly see that yesterday I took my eyes off of Him because I did trip over my size eights.

Lord, I desire to worship You today and everyday. (and here I am making a public declaration -- again!) Help me stay on target. Keep my arms steady, my mind alert. I want your God-friendship. All I have to do is accept it, I know that. Here I am, unwrapping that gift right now, this very second. Paper is flying. I'm inside the package. So beautiful, Lord! Just what I wanted -- Your friendship! I Love you, Lord!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP