Wildflower Seeds by Marita Thelander

>> Sunday, April 6, 2008


Not long ago, a very dear friend gave me a nickname. That nickname is the title of my blog site...Mari Flower. I had teased her that she picks friends like a little girl picks wildflowers. She just randomly wanders around and picks flowers to add to her bouquet of friends. It is a beautiful bouquet, I might add.


It is a gift she has. An ability to make people completely comfortable with her. She doesn't see it, but those wildflowers she holds in her little girl chubby hands see it very clearly. I am honored that she would choose me to add to her already overflowing bouquet.


A sad thought hit me, though. Flowers die. The Bible says that flowers fade. Especially ones that are picked and put into a bouquet. I figured eventually we all die, so in the meantime, I will add as much color and beauty to the room as I possibly can. I want to make hearts sing at the beauty God has given me. It is my gift to give, even if only for a season.


Yet, that isn't enough for me. I want to have another purpose. As I see my flower head drooping, I want to shake loose the seeds I carry. The seeds will be scooped up by tender hands and planted in the dirt. I want to leave a legacy of wildflowers to continue to share beauty and make hearts sing. I long to represent the Creator in such a glorious shout of color, and then multiply that in the future seasons from the little seeds I drop around me.


I love my new name, my new purpose, and my new friend.


A voice said, "Shout!" I asked, "What should I shout?""Shout that people are like the grass that dies away. Their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of flowers in a field. The grass withers, and the flowers fade beneath the breath of the Lord. And so it is with people. The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." Is. 40:6-8



(Marita is one of my very good friends from Faithwriters. She is a phenominal writer and a wonderful friend. I love her so much! She is MyMariflower and always will be!)



Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP