Wakie! Wakie!

>> Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God claims Earth and everything
in it, God claims World and all who live on it.
He built it on Ocean foundations,
laid it out on River girders.

God, You claim me, too?
Even tho I mess up so much?
The God of creation, You love even me?

Who can climb Mount God?
Who can scale the holy north-face?
Only the clean-handed,
only the pure-hearted;
Men who won't cheat,
women who won't seduce.

I want to climb Mount God --
pick me! pick me!
I'm washing my hands now, Lord.
Please forgive my many sins.
Make me pure, as pure as a newborn baby.
I want to be ready to meet You there!

God is at their side;
with God's help they make it.
This, Jacob, is what happens
to God-seekers, God-questers.

Oh! I want to be a God-seeker!
I want to quest for You!
Let me be known as a God-quester.

Wake up, you sleepyhead city!
Wake up, you sleepyhead people!

I'm awake, Lord, I'm awake.
Please help me stay that way.

King-Glory is ready to enter.

I am so ready for You to enter.

Who is this King-Glory?
God, armed
and battle-ready.

Oh, do tell!

Wake up, you sleepyhead city!
Wake up, you sleepyhead people!

I'm still awake.
Lord, keep me awake now and forever.

King-Glory is ready to enter.

I'm ready to meet You, so ready!
Will You meet me here, right where I am?
Will You hold me by the hand and help me up the mountain?

Who is this King-Glory?
God-of-the-Angel-Armies:
he is King-Glory.

The God-of-the-Angel-Armies wants to meet me?
King-glory has a date with me!
Yipee! I can't contain my excitement!
King-glory is ready to enter!


Psalm 24 (The Message)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP