Laury's Friends with Skin:)

>> Saturday, April 5, 2008



My friends and I met together for lunch today. We live so close but never ever, hardly ever see each other. Sad state of affairs that is. Well, we have decided we will do better about that from now on! Ann Marie is down to the left, Becky, and then Laurie. Denise and her foot is at the bottom! She surprised us with a tattoo! We never know what to expect when we get together!









I'm sure my friends from home get tired of hearing about all my cyberfriends but they have become a very big part of my life. It makes me very sad because most of the friends I'm making through Faithwriters, I'll probably never meet in person and if I do it will only be once or twice. These friends I have at home, they are here for me in an instant. All I have to do is ask, and sometimes I don't even have to ask, they're just there.


I hope and pray that we can do better about keeping in touch. Life is so messy. They have their own storms, too. Hopefully they aren't shielding me from theirs because of mine. God's wing is large, all of us can hide out under there and experience the safety and security, the laughter and the tears -- the closeness of being sisters in Christ. I love all of my friends. They are different as can be and add to the bouquet of wildflowers that sits on the shelf in my mind. I so enjoy thinking about them, praying for them, loving them, and being loved by them.



Lord, thank You so much for these friends of mine, the myriad of friends that You have put into my life! I love each and every one. Draw us closer together, please Lord? Help us draw closer to You as we draw closer to one another. Its in Your Son's Name I pray. Amen!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP